Here’s another meme I made after being informed by a gun advocate that my other meme was the wrong gun. I didn’t really care because it still got the point across. 😜
Oh dear daughter,
I was hoping life would be better for you,
because it’s hard to be a woman.
We’ve been fighting for so long,
just for basic human rights.
Did you know:
Women were considered chattel (property of their husbands) until the 1850’s,
Women couldn’t vote in America until 1920,
The dissemination of contraceptive information through the mail was prohibited and classified as obscene until 1936,
In 1963, Congress passed the Equal Pay Act, making it illegal for employers to pay a woman less than what a man would receive for the same job,
Over fifty years later, women still earn between 76 cents to 79 cents for every dollar men earn,
Discrimination on the basis of their sex leads to many health hazards for women, including physical and sexual violence, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS, malaria and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
It’s hard to be a woman.
I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.— Maya Angelou
I did it! I went to a shop called the Twisted Bead in Edgewater, MD and a really nice person named Michelle taught me how to string a rosary, as well as how to use crimp tubes and covers. I picked out all the beads, spacers, as well as the crucifix and center medal. I guess that means I “designed” it. Ooh, la, la!
I’m going back for an earring class in July so I can learn the metal wrapping method, which is how I’d like to ultimately make my exclusive, one of a kind rosaries.
I’ve prayed with this rosary for the past two days and I feel much more calm and centered.
I’ll add updates as things evolve.
Thank you and peace! ✌
I’m continuing my research on the Holy Rosary because I’m going to start making them! I have a class tomorrow at the Twisted Bead in Edgewater, MD. Also, there are a lot of You Tube videos out there that go into great detail about it, which I really appreciate because I’m not “crafty” at all.
It’s so frustrating to see other people, crafty people, doing cool creative things while I can’t draw, paint or photograph my way out of a cardboard box! I have an Instagram account and really enjoy taking pictures, but it doesn’t come easy. My husband can take one photo and it turns out better than ten that I take. He acts like it’s no big deal. He can also make anything from stained glass, once again, No Big Deal. On the You Tube videos of people making Rosaries, many say it’s easy once you get the hang of it. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. Maybe praying the Rosary will help.
Because praying the Rosary isn’t just an exercise in Catholicism, it’s supposed to actually help with difficult stuff in your life. Let’s see, I’m alive, life is difficult, I have difficulties. Let’s pray the Rosary!
The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that “Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted.” She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
“All parts of the plant contain toxic sap, and it is recommended that people do not touch the plant while trying to identify it.”
“To date it has been reported in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington and Vermont.”
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has put this plant near the top of its Federal Noxious Weed list. Officials in Washington are asking residents to be on the lookout for it so they can eradicate it. In New York a hotline has been set up so residents can easily report sightings, and crews in several states are seeking it out and destroying it. To date it has been reported in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington and Vermont.
The plant is the giant hogweed (Heracleum mantegazzianum), originally from central Asia. Since its discovery it has spread all over the world, because as a specimen plant it is a knockout. White flowers nearly 3 feet in diameter bloom on top of stalks that can reach 15 feet tall. The tropical looking compound leaves grow 3-5 feet across and up to 9 feet…
View original post 351 more words